Thursday, October 16, 2008

ghettoes of education


{This poem is based on my experience of block teaching in M.C.D. School Andrews ganj.on this day temperature suddenly fell down and I saw a new side of, obviously a sad one of the education system.}

It was a very cold day

Sun I think was on holiday.

Wind was at its best,

As if taking our endurance test.

Gathering my shawl I entered the room,

Saw Renu with the broom.

Wondering what the sweeper does

I stepped out to avoid the dust

While teaching about different places

I noticed various listless faces

There were some open windows

And no means to close

I was all loaded up with clothes

Still cribbed the weather was cold

But there were students with just one sweater

And no one to complain against the weather.

A girl was nauseatic

And another had headache

A boy had fever

Another stomachache

I cursed the God

Coz government couldn’t be

I cursed the weather

Coz the management couldn’t be

How can there be any education

In these ghettoes of education

Which are created just to fool the people

To create an illusion of teaching the pupil.

No comments: